Congratulations to Del Grace, winner of our Museum Day Video Challenge!
Why is the Museum important to Del? It’s a great place to showcase local art and cultural history.
In 2010, the Toledo Museum of Art provided his non-profit organization Sacred Strings Records Inc. the opportunity to share the history of the African-American steel guitar music tradition known as “sacred steel.” Historical photos of African-American steel guitar players from the organization’s collection were displayed in the Community Gallery and a presentation and short performance were given in the Great Room.
Video Day Challenge Guidelines and Rules
International Museum Day: Museum Day Video Challenge Guidelines
The contest runs from International Museum Day (May 18) through June 30, 2013. Entries will not be accepted after June 30, 2013 at Midnight.
- Pick a location at the Toledo Museum of Art to film your video. You might choose an area that is particularly special to you, or your favorite spot at the Museum.
- Record a video up to one minute long and explain why the Museum is memorable to you. Do you have a favorite painting or memory here? What do you like about the Museum?
- Upload the video to YouTube.
- Go to museumday.toledomuseum.org to complete the contest entry form on our website to officially submit your video. Remember to include a link!
International Museum Day: Museum Day Video Challenge Rules
- Videos must be under one minute long and filmed at the Toledo Museum of Art.
- Participants must explain in the video why they believe a visit to the Museum is a memorable experience. This can be a favorite painting, a good memory, an impact the Museum has had on them, etc. Why is the Museum good for you?
- The clip must be uploaded to YouTube first, then participants must complete and submit the online form on the Museum website (museumday.toledomuseum.org) to officially submit their video.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in two categories: 17 and under, 18 and over. First prize will be a $100 Museum gift card, second prize $50 Museum gift card and third prize a $25 Museum gift card.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of Museum staff. Persons employed by the Toledo Museum of Art and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest.
- Winning entries will be used on Museum media platforms including Facebook, YouTube and our web site and will be played during Museum Family Day in July.
- The Museum retains the right to use video submissions or clips from video submissions for promotional purposes. The creator of the video retains video copyright.
Video Challenge Submission Form
The contest is currently closed. Thanks to all who entered!