Scheduling Studio Rental
- Rental time in the Glass Pavilion studios can be scheduled online using the form below, or by calling Abby Carlson at (419) 255-8000 x.7334, Tuesdays-Thursdays, 2:00p-5:00p.
- The primary renter who will be using the studio must be the name used to secure the spot on the schedule. If you are purchasing time for someone else, this intention must be made clear at the time of scheduling. The primary renter scheduled to use the facility must fulfill eligibility requirements to use the studio (see below).
- During rental time, the primary renter may bring in additional people—to assist or observe only—as follows:
- Hot shop: 2 additional
- Cold shop: 1 additional
- Flameworking: 1 additional
- Casting area: 1 additional
If you are new to renting a glass studio, you must first receive permission to work independently. Permission can be obtained either with reference from a TMA glass instructor, or by arranging a brief interview with the studio manager. This interview process and a brief studio orientation are required in order to familiarize new renters with studio facilities, safety practices, and guidelines. This also establishes participation as a responsible member of the studio rental community.
Payment must be made in advance of the scheduled rental time either by credit card, check, or money order. Cash will not be accepted. Customers must resolve past-due bills before additional rentals can be purchased.
Call Abby Carlson to reschedule, by 4 p.m. the day before the scheduled rental time, and by 4 p.m. Friday for any weekend rescheduling.
- To cancel rental time during the week, call Abby Carlson. To cancel rental time on the weekend, call the Studio Technician or the Weekend Assistant Manager.
- A $10 administrative fee will be charged each time studio time is cancelled.*
- Failure to cancel Hot Shop time within one hour of scheduled appointment will result in a $20 set-up fee.* (Hot Shop rental only)
- Failure to show up without notification for scheduled Hot Shop time will result in forfeiture of all rental fees. (Hot Shop rental only)
- If a renter has not arrived within 30 minutes of the start of scheduled Hot Shop time, the glory hole will be shut down. The glory hole can be re-lit upon arrival of the renter up to one hour before the end of the scheduled time. Full rental fees still apply. (Hot Shop rental only)
- Any cancelled studio time must be rescheduled within two weeks of the date of cancellation. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of rental fees.
*Additional fees will be added to your balance and can be paid before or at the time of scheduling the next studio rental.
Important Phone Numbers
Museum: (419) 255-8000 or (800) 644-6862
Abby Carlson, Education and Engagement Coordinator, ext. 7334 (Tues-Thurs, 2 p.m.-5 p.m.)
Studio Technician, ext. 7809
Steve Cothern, Asst Manager (weekend), ext. 7853
Alan Iwamura, Asst Manager, ext. 7855
Colleen O’Connor, Glass Studio Manager, ext. 7455