Gallery guards are posted throughout the Museum to ensure the safety of our collection.
We ask that visitors also observe the following safety measures:
- Visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 24 inches from works of art and cases.
- When writing or sketching in the galleries, only pencils should be used. (Other media may be approved by our Registrar.)
- Gallery walls should not be used to support paper for writing assignments, nor to be leaned against.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items should be left with an entrance guard or in a coat room locker.
- Eating and drinking are permitted in designated spaces only, not in the galleries.
- Non-flash photography is welcome throughout the Museum, except in special exhibitions where prohibited by contract. Look for signs or ask a gallery guard if unsure.
- The Museum campus is tobacco-free.
- We welcome visitors of all ages, but ask that only adults control strollers and wheelchairs.
- With the exception of assistance animals, pets are not allowed in the Museum.