Bring your summer camp group to experience the Museum by scheduling tour with a Docent. Tours last one hour and you can choose from a variety of topics. Tours for summer camp groups will be free with the option for art kits at an additional cost.
For 2021, we will be only offering outdoor Sculpture Garden tours for summer camp groups
The cost for art kits is as follows, based on group size:
|Number of Children||Rate|
Frequently Asked Questions
How can my students get the most out of our tour?
Docents ask the students interactive questions using visual literacy strategies. To best prepare your students for their visit, discuss the subject of your tour as well as the Elements of Art and Principles of Design prior to your visit.
Is there a fee for parking?
There are spaces for buses to park at the Main Museum and the Glass Pavilion. A map will be included with your confirmation. Parking in the parking lots is free for scheduled K-12 Docent-led tours and TMA members. There is a $8 fee for all self-guided groups.
Why are there people with radios watching us?
Security is always a priority for our visitors. The security of our collection is also paramount. The staff of Protective Services help in the case of emergencies, locate lost students, and prevent potential damage to the works of art. They maintain a respectful distance.
Why are we being photographed?
By participating in a tour at the Museum, you grant permission for you and your students to be photographed for promotional purposes, without compensation.
What are some Museum guidelines for visitors?
- Please talk! Get excited about art. Discussion leads to better understanding and appreciation.
- Stay about two feet away from artwork and do not touch.
- Backpacks, large purses, satchels, umbrellas, and other bulky items are not permitted in the galleries. Please check them at the door prior to your tour.
- Laser pointers are prohibited in the galleries.
- Please walk, not run, through the galleries.
- Handheld, non-flash photo and video cameras are welcome in the permanent collection galleries. Photography in galleries with special exhibitions is prohibited.
- Eating and drinking are permitted only in designated areas.
- Chewing gum and tobacco products are not permitted in the Museum.
- Vulgar messages or images on apparel are not welcome at the Museum.