The Toledo Museum of Art
2445 Monroe Street
Toledo, OH 43620
Admission is free upon check in.
Parking is $10 for visitors and free for museum members.
Museum Hours of Operation
- Sunday, 11 AM - 5 PM
- Monday, Closed
- Tuesday, Closed
- Wednesday, 11 AM - 5 PM
- Thursday, 11 AM - 5 PM
- Friday, 11 AM - 8 PM
- Saturday, 11 AM - 8 PM
Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, Easter, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
PLEASE NOTE: On occasion, the Glass Pavilion and certain galleries may be close to the public for private events, renovation, or reinstallation. Please call 419-255-8000, ext. 7448 and check the TMA website homepage to confirm that galleries and the Glass Pavilion are open, prior to your visit.
Parking in Toledo Museum of Art lots is $10. Parking is free for Museum members. Visitors can pay at exit kiosks by card, by phone, or they can pay at Visitor Experience desks. Well-lit, secure lots are available on Grove Place behind both the main Museum building and the University of Toledo Center for the Visual Arts, as well as on Parkwood Avenue adjacent to the Glass Pavilion.
Entry: Retrieve a ticket or scan a provided membership or access card to lift the gate.
Payment: Scan the QR code provided on the parking ticket to pay by phone. Or stop by a Visitor Experience desk to pay for parking or receive a parking validation.
Lost Tickets: Stop by a VE desk to receive a new ticket.
Exit: Scan your ticket, membership card, or access badge to lift the gate. If payment was not made before exiting, guests will have the option to pay with a credit card at the exit ticket machine.
Need Help: Contact a TMA staff member using our video calling option on the ticket machine.
Museum galleries are fully accessible. Free wheelchairs and strollers are available at each entrance of the main Museum building and the Glass Pavilion.
Coat rooms are located near the Grove Place entrance of the main Museum building and the Parkwood Avenue entrance of the Glass Pavilion. All backpacks, packages, and umbrellas must be checked at the door.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, enhanced cleaning protocols have been established as daily routines here at TMA. While you are visiting, you will likely see staff cleaning high-touch areas and surfaces throughout the building. In addition, hand sanitizing stations located throughout the Museum will remain for visitor use.
Safety is a primary concern at TMA, and we remain committed to protecting all visitors and staff amid the COVID pandemic. Face coverings are recommended at the Toledo Museum of Art for all visitors and staff.
Anyone who wishes to continue to wear a face covering is both welcomed and supported. Face coverings continue to be available at all Museum entrances, upon request.
Questions and concerns? Please speak to our Visitor Experience team located at all Museum entrances or by calling 419.255.8000
Gallery guards are posted throughout the Museum to ensure the safety of our collection. Please be prepared to check your backpacks, infant carriers, umbrellas, large bags and tripods–anything that could swing around and unintentionally damage a work of art. Strollers are allowed in most galleries, as are infant carriers on the front of the body. We ask that visitors also observe the following safety measures:
- Visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 24 inches from works of art and cases.
- When writing or sketching in the galleries, only pencils should be used. (Other media may be approved by our Registrar.)
- Gallery walls should not be used to support paper for writing assignments, nor to be leaned against.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items should be left with an entrance guard or in a coat room locker.
- Eating and drinking are permitted in designated spaces only, not in the galleries.
- Non-flash photography is welcome throughout the Museum, except in special exhibitions where prohibited by contract. Look for signs or ask a gallery guard if unsure.
- The Museum campus is tobacco-free.
- We welcome visitors of all ages but ask that only adults control strollers and wheelchairs.
- With the exception of assistance animals, pets are not allowed in the Museum.
- TMA is a gun free zone. It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon, or dangerous ordnance anywhere on these premise. No person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises. This prohibition includes gun owners with valid permits. Posted pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code.
Travel and Tourism Information
For local accommodations, visit the Destination Toledo website.