Museum Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: noon - 5 p.m.
Closed Mondays, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Certain works of art may not be on view at times and certain galleries may be closed for renovation or reinstallation. Access to particular galleries or works of art can be determined by calling the Museum. We regret any inconvenience to visitors.
Admission to the Museum is always FREE. Special exhibitions or events may require purchased tickets. Members are admitted free to all exhibitions and receive discounts for special programs, events, and Museum Store purchases.
The Museum is just west of Toledo’s downtown business district, directly off Interstate 75, at 2445 Monroe Street at Scottwood Avenue. Our main business line is 419-255-8000.
Parking is FREE for Museum members and $7 for nonmembers. Well-lit, guarded lots are available on Grove Place behind both the main Museum building and the University of Toledo Center for the Visual Arts, as well as on Parkwood Avenue adjacent to the Glass Pavilion.
Museum galleries are fully accessible. Free wheelchairs and strollers are available at each entrance of the main Museum building and the Glass Pavilion.
Coat rooms are located near the Grove Place entrance of the main Museum building and the Parkwood Avenue entrance of the Glass Pavilion. All backpacks, packages, and umbrellas must be checked at the door.
Gallery guards are posted throughout the Museum to ensure the safety of our collection. Please be prepared to check your backpacks, infant carriers, umbrellas, large bags and tripods–anything that could swing around and unintentionally damage a work of art. Strollers are allowed in most galleries, as are infant carriers on the front of the body. We ask that visitors also observe the following safety measures:
- Visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 24 inches from works of art and cases.
- When writing or sketching in the galleries, only pencils should be used. (Other media may be approved by our Registrar.)
- Gallery walls should not be used to support paper for writing assignments, nor to be leaned against.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items should be left with an entrance guard or in a coat room locker.
- Eating and drinking are permitted in designated spaces only, not in the galleries.
- Non-flash photography is welcome throughout the Museum, except in special exhibitions where prohibited by contract. Look for signs or ask a gallery guard if unsure.
- The Museum campus is tobacco-free.
- We welcome visitors of all ages, but ask that only adults control strollers and wheelchairs.
- With the exception of assistance animals, pets are not allowed in the Museum.
Travel and Tourism Information
For local accommodations, visit the Greater Toledo Convention and Visits Bureau website.